As Heart Zones, Inc continues its large scale investment into the world of Physical Education, the team has decided to host a PE Certification Class in order to provide continued education to those teachers who are already using the new Heart Zones Move Solution, as well as provide a place for interested candidates to come, learn, and see the power of using technology to drive positive change in the world of PE.
Click Here to Register Today!
You will leave the day well equipped to get back to your class and implement what you just learned and experienced. Smart PE is a way to teach PE using wearable sensors that provide data to help your students get fit and healthy. There’s no better way.
What You Will Experience
- Hands-on experience in using heart rate monitors, foot pods, and other technology in your PE classes
- Get a deeper learning of how to apply Smart PE in your program
- How to engage your students as they become self-regulated for exercise effort.
- How to use foot pod activity trackers rather than tired pedometers
- Meet other teachers from around the country using the System and learn what they are doing and how.
- Attend break-out sessions on curriculum, methodology, class management, System setup, tips on best practices, the science behind the Heart Zones SMART PE curriculum, implementation of the System.
- How to grade objectively using data
- How to assess your students fitness and physical literacy
- See the Pacer Test coupled with heart rate zones and followed by recovery heart rate.
Certification Event Details
Location: The Westonka Public School District’s Hilltop Primary just 30 minutes west of Minneapolis, MN. Mark Femrite, Asst. Supt. of Teaching and Learning.
CEUs: A Certificate of Attendance will be provided for each participant.
Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2015 from 9 am to 4:00 pm with lunch break.
Format: Keynotes, break-out sessions, round table discussions, activity classes, demonstration with smart PE teachers and students.
Fee’s: $75/college students, $99 standard, $129 with new Blink Armband ($99 value).
Content: These K-12 sessions include activities, observation, the exercise science, technology deployment, teaching using the methodology, and best practices.
Limited: To the first 50 teachers. Register here